Monday 21 May 2012

An afternoon drive

And so begins another busy week - busy at work, busy at home - it's never ending!

We had a lovely trip across the water to Elie and Earlsferry in Fife on Saturday, I would say I know parts of Fife quite well, but I'd never been to Earlsferry before - what a lovely place! 

Had it been a few degrees warmer, you could easily have thought you were in rural France.  There is just something about the colours that are so different from Perthshire. Despite being only 30 miles away, the East Neuk of Fife, on a nice day, can seem a world away.


I have to admit, I'm rarely separated from my mobile these days and when I upgraded just before Christmas one of my requirements was a good camera as I do take rather alot of photos!  I was sold on a Samsung Nexus and whilst initially disappointed with the lack of zoom (and still frustrated on a daily basis) I did discover, more by luck than anything else, a rather nifty panorama setting on Saturday.

I love these beach huts, might just need to paint my garden shed - I don't have a beach, but you can always dream...



Perhaps I went a bit too far with my new found toy on this one - the whole seafront in one frame and such a beautiful beach.  Must remember this one for the summer holidays.



We headed back towards St Andrews along the Coastal road, stopping off in Pittenweem for an ice cream.  It was lovely to see so many boats in the harbour of this vibrant fishing village. 




Driving home via St Andrews, the clouds disappeared and we were blessed with picture perfect scenery - the bright and varying green of trees coming into leaf with the occasional  brilliant blaze of copper beech and acer, the vibrant yellow of the oilseed rape and the blue of the sea and the sky in perfect combination - a perfect afternoon that refreshed the soul.  

It's Monday evening now and I think I need another dose.  I do love this time of the year, everything is so fresh and perfect!  Off to take the dog for a walk to enjoy the remains of the sunshine. 

Deep breath, it'll be Friday before I know it.

H





.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I love the photos of the beach huts and the blue and pink is such a good colour combination. Think you should indeed paint your shed and then perhaps show us a before and after?!
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete